Ear Taxi Festival: Hear All Voices.
Hear All Voices.
…is a call to engage with the multiplicity of styles and traditions that constitute Chicago’s expansive musical identity in the 21st century; it is an invitation to challenge, to collaborate, and to change together as artists and listeners.
Update, March 17, 2020: the Ear Taxi Festival and New Music Chicago leadership teams are closely following the developments related to coronavirus and COVID-19. At this time, we are proceeding with the planning of Ear Taxi Festival for October 2020, and will continually reassess the situation as it changes.
Important Dates (updated March 6, 2020)
- January 15, 2020
- Initial Performance Proposal Due Date. To submit a proposal, please fill out the Ear Taxi Festival Performance Proposal survey. (Update: performance proposal form closed as of February 15, 2020.)
- February 15, 2020
- Extension Date for Performance Proposals.
- May, 2020
- Full Ear Taxi Festival line-up released. (Participants will be contacted in the interim.)
- September 28 – October 7, 2020
- Ear Taxi Festival Spotlight Concerts Showcasing Chicago’s New and Experimental Music Communities. For description, please see FAQs page.
- October 8 – 12, 2020
- Ear Taxi Festival Curated Concerts. For description, please see FAQs page.
Ear Taxi Festival is seeking those individuals who see themselves aligning with the vision of Ear Taxi Festival and would like to support and contribute to our work as an individual donor or as a connection to a potentially interested donor. Ear Taxi Festival has been the recipient of numerous grants through the hard work of several key people on the leadership team, most notably Melissa Ngan, Dan Visconti, and Amy Iwano. Please be in touch with Artistic Director Jennie Oh Brown with questions or suggestions.