Theme of Ear Taxi 2020:
Hear All Voices.
Hear All Voices. is a call to engage with the multiplicity of styles and traditions that constitute Chicago’s expansive musical identity in the 21st century; it is an invitation to challenge, to collaborate, and to change together as artists and listeners.
Upcoming Important Dates
- January 15, 2020
- Call for Proposals Due Date. To submit a proposal, please fill out the Ear Taxi 2020 Performance Proposal survey. Applicants may be asked for additional program information and performance samples at a future date.
- February 15, 2020
- Extension Date for Proposals. Please confirm your need for an extension by January 15th with Michael Lewanski.
- April 1, 2020
- Complete Curated Festival Announcement Released. Participants will be notified well ahead of this deadline.
- September 28 – October 7, 2020
- Spotlight Concerts Showcasing Chicago’s New and Experimental Music Communities. For description, please see FAQs page.
- October 8 – 12, 2020
- Ear Taxi 2020 Curated Concerts. For description, please see FAQs page.
Ear Taxi 2020 is seeking those individuals who see themselves aligning with the vision of Ear Taxi 2020 and would like to support and contribute to our work as an individual donor or as a connection to a potentially interested donor. Ear Taxi 2020 has been the recipient of numerous grants through the hard work of several key people on the leadership team, most notably Melissa Ngan, Dan Visconti, and Amy Iwano. Please be in touch with Artistic Director Jennie Oh Brown with questions or suggestions.